KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER
- Mars Inc. a family-owned business made up of over 100,000 Associates worldwide with more than a century of history of making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, ORBIT®, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
MARS Bulgaria is inviting to join the family as KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER based in Sofia, Bulgaria.
- As a Key Account Manager you will be responsible for managing a specific key account or group of assigned key accounts. Key accountabilities will include developing account plans, monitoring the execution of activity plans in stores, visiting stores to strengthen relationships and identifying opportunities. The Key Account Manager is accountable for the achievement of sales value, display, distribution and spending targets.
What will your day look like? Each will be different, but you`ll be taking on responsibilities like:
- Manage assigned key accounts and agree on joint business plans, applying the Mars Inc collaboration standards. Business plans will detail the overall objectives as regards sales volumes, margin, promotional activity, display, distribution and investment by account
- Build strong relationships with customers, acting as the key point of contact for each account and providing proactive, responsive customer service
- Drive category growth through providing expertise to support sales activities, enlisting the Customer Marketing Manager to support the customer directly in the first instance and Category Manager as required for top customers
- Own the customer P&L
- Responsible and accountable for all trade expenditure and condition/pricing management for each account
- Negotiate and sell in annual account plans with customers
- Feed customer insights and trends to Customer Marketing and Marketing to ensure an appropriate marketing offer and materials are created for customers
- Implement agreed targets for listing and distribution for each account
- Actively seek and develop opportunities to grow the level of business with each key account e.g. increase levels of SKU distribution within new and existing stores, maximise brand display in stores through promotions, product placement, etc.
Think you can handle that? Great! Plus, you can expect from Mars:
- Responsibility and freedom to drive your own ideas, support from peers and experienced managers
- Personal and professional development
- Continuing career opportunities in one of the most successful branded goods companies in the world
- Friendly, open and international work environment at family owned business
If you think this still sounds like the right opportunity for you, just make sure you have:
- University Degree in Economics/Business Management/ Management & Organization
- 3+ years’ similar work experience (in FMCG would be an advantage)
- Process/project management skills, presentation, communication and influential skills
- Excellent English language skills
- Good level of computer skills
- Customer focus, drive for results, standing alone and negotiation skills