For one of our clients – an international FMCG company with commercial and manufacturing operation in Bulgaria – we are searching for an experienced professional for the position of: COMMERCIAL CONTROLLER
Monitors and analyses financial efficiency of business, promotional, trade marketing and marketing operations of commercial and marketing departments according to approved annual budget. Measures financial efficiency and results by trade channels, customers, brands and SKUs. Actively participates in budgeting processes, forecasting and monthly analyses. Supports the company and department management decision making through reporting and suggestion on corrective actions.
- Implement standard monthly reporting, develop financial models and plans for decision making, including price and cost analysis, operational investment, project management and execution
- Partner with Sales and other departments on regular reviews with focus on margin, cash flow, risk and P&L by customers and product groups. Prepares monthly and cumulative Brand profitability reports.
- Prepare and analyses the channel profitability and customer contribution results
- Budget control to ensure that sales/costs are in line with agreed limits/targets. Make sure that the needed action is communicated to the budget responsible persons.
- Monthly review of correctness and completeness of trade spend and marketing spend accruals
- Implement and monitor the promotion evaluation process. Measure the effectiveness of promotions and optimize promotional activities, recommends promotional strategies to maximize return
- Initiates budget plans of commercial and marketing departments during annual planning. Actively participates in the processes of budgeting and forecasting
- Supports the assessment and analysis of commercial investment
- Prepares irregular reports, calculations and analyzes related to the commercial and marketing initiatives
Required Qualification, Competencies & Experience:
- University Degree, preferably in Economics, Business and/or Accounting
- At least 2 years’ experience in commercial or related controlling position in a multicultural environment with knowledge of the business and the market
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good computer skills and ability to work with statistical and financial analyses tools
- Fluent in English – both verbal & written
- Energetic and passionate individual with the proven ability communicate ideas while cooperating with senior managers, peers, and the sales force
- Notable motivation for persistent development of self, colleagues and the company, ability to identify the opportunities for growth and striving to constantly work toward improvement
- Strong dedication to achieve outstanding results, ability to overcome emergent challenges, persistence towards accomplishing the objectives
- Strong relationship building skills